Williston Support Services

Security Deposits are available to income qualified individuals. Potential renters must not have signed a lease or moved in prior to completing the application process with CAP. Security Deposits are limited to one per household per life time. The rent for the property must not exceed 30 percent of the household income. The property must also pass inspection by the agency.

Managing personal finances is the key within this program. The typical client is a person with a disability who receives a monthly Social Security benefit. It has been determined either by Social Security, the client’s family, or the client him/herself that they are incapable of handling their money. Typically a checking and savings account are set up through CAP. Staff works with each client to establish a monthly budget, pay the monthly bills and provide the client with spending money. It is the agency’s responsibility to ensure that the basic needs of the clients are met – food, clothing, and shelter.
The Williston Region is pleased to assist the Senior Companions Program. Volunteers age 60 and older provide assistance and friendship to seniors and other individuals who have difficulty with daily living tasks.

This program distributes commodity foods to low income elderly households. The commodities are non-perishable food items that include fruits, vegetables, meats, cheese, beans, pasta, etc. Participants receive one box and one bag of food every other month. To qualify individuals must be 60 years of age or older and be income eligible.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Energy Share addresses issues with a household’s gas/electric bills. Qualified individuals must be qualified for Fuel Assistance under their county Social Service Office. CAP may pay a percentage of the past 90 day electric bill while the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (fuel assistance) pays for the gas/heating portion of your energy bill. For more information regarding fuel assistance, please visit your local county social services agency or go to nd.gov. You can also find the fuel assistance application under the LIHEAP section on the right hand side of the screen.
This is a free tax preparation services for low income individuals, individuals with a disability and elderly. This program generally runs from the beginning of February through April 15th. Returns are electronically filed. This is a basic service and cannot deal with complicated returns such as self-employment, business and complicated deductions.
Community Action Partnership is pleased to provide Supportive Services to western North Dakota. Many of these programs would not be available without the generous support of our donors and grantors. Due to this, some programs may not be available during certain times of the year.

In addition to our programs we also utilize Self Reliance Case Management. Self Reliance Case Management consists of a variety of services all designed to improve the standard of living and help promote the self-sufficiency of low-income individuals. These services include:

  • Money management
  • Budget Planning
  • Community resource information
  • Furthering Education
  • Goal planning
  • Career exploration
  • Resume writing
  • Training and practice for job interviews
  • Support and Encouragement

You work with a case manager to identify strategies to make your life better and then identify the steps to take to achieve that major goal. Your case manager encourages, provides information, gives guidance; but ultimately it is up to you to do the work and actually make the changes.

How to Apply

Please fill out the following application and turn it in with the additional requested information.

For More Information

Need help finding a place to live?


For more information on LIHEAP – please visit your local county social services agency or go to nd.gov.